Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 2 - Quick Dinner night

So tonight was a hurry-up night.  I have an exercise class which makes it necessary to leave the house at about 5:45, and so we can either eat something quick before I go, or something quick after I get back at around 8.  Sometimes I make something the night before that we can reheat, like soup, and sometimes we just have cubanos or something like that.  Of course, being plan free meant we hadn't prepared for either of those eventualities - what would we do for supper tonight?
     Rifling through the pantry I found an emergency can of Italian Wedding soup, and we had sandwich fixings.  Voila!  Soup and toasted cheese sandwiches it was.  Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

...However, I will say this.  We already had to make a store stop to get stuff we didn't know we would need.  We decided to try baking naan and ciabattas this weekend, so we needed yeast and milk. This is one of the reasons I like to have a plan. Hopefully this won't be too frequent of an occurrence!

No comments: